View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Ryan + Holland isn't Ryan + Cogliano. Cogliano is a throw-in by Dirk that does very little for the value Anaheim is sending, while Holland is a high quality prospect nearly ready to crack his way into the NHL.

I stand by my opinion that asking for Schenn/Couturier + Simmonds/Hartnell + Rinaldo is just ripping off Philly, because first of all the value can vary greatly depending on which one you pick, and second of all, I don't see why Philadelphia does it. Centers are worth a premium in the NHL, and unlike the Richards trade, a quality center(Cogliano doesn't count) isn't going the other way.

If Philly felt Ryan was worth that much, why in the world wouldn't they be willing to move one of Couturier or Schenn for him?
I agree, Philly doesn't do the original deal, but I don't think it's "ridiculous". That was my main issue, calling it a ridiculous offer, when it's simply lopsided. To me, anyway, ridiculous implies that it's basically an insult, like asking for both Couts and Schenn. At the same time, it doesn't hurt to make that offer either, that's part of negotiations.

As for the last part, again, it's negotiations, and Homer can be pretty weird when it comes to them. He apparently didn't want to give up Couts for Weber either, which is ridiculous, but probably would've in the end if he didn't think he could get him for just the four 1sts. With Ryan, they might try and get the perfect deal at first, but eventually, they have to come to that level. IMO they will, and it'll be up to Murray to pull the trigger or not.