Old
07-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
I don't either, and I think they were happy with what they could get considering the circumstances. And I thought they took a step back, with the standings agreeing with me. They should improve going forward, but I think if the circumstances were different, they'd take the Mike Richards trade back in a heartbeat.
I don't. Richards was a bit of a problem in Philly, and I don't think they are missing him. On top of that, I think Anaheim is a good example of why trading Richards was the right move. They got two talented players for him, to spread the wealth, which, as we've seen in Anaheim, can be important. They were only three points behind where they were the previous season. They were an offensive powerhouse, and that with Schenn and Couturier taking their first steps. Their struggles were between the pipes and in the defensive zone.

Honestly, I don't even understand why Holmgren gives a crap about Ryan. Scoring goals is not a problem for that team. It shouldn't be a problem for that team for a while. What they need to do is improve their blue line, and keep Bryzgalov's confidence up.