Old
07-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
I agree, Philly doesn't do the original deal, but I don't think it's "ridiculous". That was my main issue, calling it a ridiculous offer, when it's simply lopsided. To me, anyway, ridiculous implies that it's basically an insult, like asking for both Couts and Schenn. At the same time, it doesn't hurt to make that offer either, that's part of negotiations.

As for the last part, again, it's negotiations, and Homer can be pretty weird when it comes to them. He apparently didn't want to give up Couts for Weber either, which is ridiculous, but probably would've in the end if he didn't think he could get him for just the four 1sts. With Ryan, they might try and get the perfect deal at first, but eventually, they have to come to that level. IMO they will, and it'll be up to Murray to pull the trigger or not.
Alright, fair enough. I can respect that.

I don't disagree with you here. Though, I'm not entirely sure Holmgren's reluctance to give up Couturier or Schenn for Weber wasn't because he didn't think he could bully them with an offer sheet. Obviously, I can't prove that, but I think he might have been more willing to part with one of them if the offer sheet hadn't been an option. If he feels like the offer sheet was an ace up his sleeve, there is no need for him to put Couturier on the table.