Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Jeff Halpern (1 year @ 700K)
View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 08:43 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
excuse the crazy bump but I was pining "if we only signed Konopka over Halpern" (would be interesting to learn if Sather did attempt to sign him) and came upon a Halpern article that had the following blurb.

Quote:
In New York, hes reunited with John Tortorella, who coached him for 19 games with the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2008. In those 19 games, Halpern had 10 goals and eight assists.
i'm going to be totally realistic here. he was getting 18:12 of ice time in those games. not happening here. we're all expecting 4th line minutes and 4th line numbers, but as far as playing in a Torts system and environment, +his decent faceoff skills, I feel a bit better about it. It's a relatively safe signing. Not that many would complain about it. He's gotta be an improvement over Mitchell and if he can establish trust w/ Torts, we'll see Torts rolling 4 lines more (he WILL do this if he feels confident that his 4th line has the jam to actually contribute towards the outcome of a game). I just hope he isn't too slow of a skater. aaaaaand back to Nash Madness.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote