View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 09:14 PM
CTU2fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
The odds of trading for a top pairing Dman or young potential top pairing dman now are slim. Any team that trades one now is saying they don't expect to compete unless they are getting overpayment in return (Coots or Schenn +).

The Flyers are better signing a FA forward (Doan, Semin, Arnott, Moore) and standing pat until the deadline when some teams are out of it or need to move salary for cap space.

I think guys like JBo, Boyle, Enstrom or Yandle may be available without overpaying.
Depends on what you consider an overpay. As much as we love Couts around here, Couts for Yandle isn't an overpay. Couts for Bogosian isn't either. I'm not saying the Flyers should deal Couts for either of those guys, but if they did nobody would be saying "Homer got hosed". If you're lucky you can get one of those guys for B.Schenn+.

I wondered about JBo but in the thread I made in the trade forum the Calgary folks were pretty much opposed to moving him at all. I'd like Enstrom, I'd much rather get a PMD than a real defensive banger at this point, with the guys we have. For Tobi a package built around Jake is probably fair, but I don't really see a fit since Winnipeg is really looking for a C.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote