View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 12:11 AM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
some of you I am sure are familiar with the Carnavale summer hockey league that a lot of OHLers partake in. The Barrie Colts perennially have a team. and this link take you to their roster where you can see who is playing and how they are doing...I have been to a few games and some players have looked very good....

have a look.

http://www.pointstreak.com/players/p...&seasonid=9200

I think Carnevale is generally a good Summer league for OHL kids but the Sundays have suffered in two ways:

1. Too many teams past 2 years, especially this year with too many Midget players (maybe having a Midget loop would solve that leaving OHL and Tier 2 players or maybe Midget/T2 players stay together and have an CHL only league

2. A lot of OHLers went to Wednesday which is pretty much all OHLers.

Also, do NOT put stock in stats from the league as some individual players somehow have more assists for example than entire teams have combined assists. I know someone once said it's more important to know the Refs and Time keepers than anyone else...lol. Shinnie leagues are hard to gauge regardless but a lot of Tier 2 teams would use Carnevale league to assess general skill level and hockey acumen, but nothing replaces real games at any level.