View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 11:37 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I think Sauer was struggling a good bit before the Phaneuf hit...

However when we had injuries 2 seasons ago and Sauer was forced to play 1st pairing minutes he looked great. He would be absolutely perfect with any of Staal, Sauer and McDonagh. Pair MDZ and Stralman and they will rack up the offense with sheltered minutes.
I don't know where you get that from. Sauer wasn't struggling at all. In fact he has hardly struggled since becoming a regular 2 years ago. A very solid player and great to hear he is back in good health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
If I am not mistaken, Sauer has been shut down on all physical activities since the concussion that sidelined him. I would imagine if things go well in terms of progress.......at best, with getting back into game shape, some conitioning games in the AHL and so on......we may see him in the second half of the season at the earliest.
Not quite true...he was working out in January and actually skated in 3-4 practices before shutting it down again. I spoke to a family member in January and they told me he was feeling fine and expected back after the All-Star game. That obviously didn't happen and the subsequent turn of events must have been very severe.