View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 11:43 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Cally was doing just fine with Richards, but Richards got moved up to jumpstart Gabby.
He asked about the playoffs. Cally wasn't doing much with Richards in the post-season. And frankly, I would argue that Gabby was the one who jump-started Richards, not the other way around.

Callahan needs to be on a line with players who play physical and shoot frequently. Richards and Stepan are both pass-first players. I could see a line of Nash-Richards-Callahan working well (Nash loves to shoot, Richards will put him in a position to shoot, and Cally would be there to put away the trash). That would also free up Gaborik (when he's healthy) to play with Kreider and Stepan (he and Step had some chemistry early last year).

A bunch of people have talked about wanting Nash to "mentor" Kreider and Stepan on that line. I don't want Nash anywhere near those two. There were too many claims out of Columbus that Nash spread his lackadaisical training habits to the young player on that team. Put Nash with two vets (Richards and Cally) who can mentor HIM to finally be the player a man of his talent should be.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote