View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 12:09 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Sorry, I am still learning how to use the multi quote thing correctly. The majority of my responses are in the body of your original post. I just figured out how to use the function correctly.

Thanks. Gravel is just such a smart D man who is like DD44 but just a bit better at everything he does at this point in his development. I really like watching the kid skate. He takes big long strides with ease, hits like a train and then regains his momentum more quickly then allot of NHL d-men.

That isn't to say that KG is merely a smooth skating checking machine, I see him as one of those players who just works really hard to be good enough to do whatever you ask him to whenever he is asked. If you need him to be your #1 PP option he isn't going to be the best in the league or close to it but nobody will work harder at trying to be the best then KG and that is a great thing to have in a your defencive player.

I will try and make some time later to do a ranking thing with a little write up on our D kids.

You and I aren't really that far apart on what we are saying. We are a little but if this conversation was in person I think we wouldn't be that far apart on our positions. Fun debate though.
I think we are going to very happy with Gravel for a long time (assuming we keep him). Like 15 years happy. He's that steady type of defenseman that will never be flashy, but will be extremely dependable and will wear a letter (possible captain). Mark Hardy-type perhaps (not as much offensive upside as what mark had early in his career though). To me, he's arguably the most underrated of all Kings prospects, and defeinately the most underrated d-man.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote