View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgarbossy View Post
Yes, Chili. You may not understand the pride our veterans have in defending our constitution. That is freedom. Don't let that stop you from posting some sarcastic nonsense full of hyperboly though.

Go ahead and propose a scenario of how guns in the United States could be 'taken away'. Could you even imagine the logistics of such an operation to be sure that every firearm currently in my country is no longer in the ownership of a private citizen? Logistics aside, I guarantee that something like that would start another revolution. Moreover, history has shown that disarming a population is one of the first steps towards dictatorship.

But let's keep talking about the lazy slaves and polio children.
A few points.

America does not fight for freedom, save from ostensibly. They fight for national interest. There may be some fashion in which some concept of freedom is draped around national interest, but veterans did not, have not, and never will fight for freedom.

Let me mention that America was never about freedom, thats our postmodern excuse making so that we can put America and it's founding on some type of moral high ground. Was freedom part of the equation for the founding of America? Most certainly, but was the goddamned idea or whatever the **** they try to narrate it as nowadays? No.

"defending the constution" usually means, "protecting what I think the constution means".

I won't argue the point that guns cannot be taken away in the absolute sense, but it's a bit nonsensical (read= false choice) to state that doing nothing is the other answer.

And many, many, many countries have been fine without guns.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote