View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 11:03 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Ganave, I'm glad to see that you found a place and a coach that work for you! I know that at ALL of my classes there are goalie-specific coaches and what they work on is completely different from what everyone else is working on. You really need to work on things specific to your role, and not as an afterthought.

As an aside - I am a French teacher and I've got one class that has been a combined 2nd/3rd year class. this year it will be mostly 2nd year students with four 3rd year and one 4th year student. I've made a really good go of it, but I can say with 100% certainty that it does NOT WORK for anyone involved. The curricula are completely different, and I don't get to give the advanced students nearly as much attention and guidance as they need. It's not fair to them and it's not fair to me. Your earlier situation sounded much like my teaching situation. I think that having a regular skating coach trying to divide attention and time to teach something he is not going to be an expert at is just asking for failure.

Good luck with the clinics, enjoy the feeling of learning something and getting better at it!

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote