View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 11:45 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
I disagree with a few of your points. ( 1) I don't think we are a worse team, the habs with Markov are automatically better than last year by a fair margin. 3) Draft quality is up in the air, 11 months away. 4) Free agents crops always look good in July, most of these guys will sign extensions. )

But I agree on the whole philosophy to the point where I would try to win as much as possible now, but this wouldn't be the point where I'm spending some assets to go for a run. I would also be ready to sell, particularly Gionta. Possibly Markov, depending on the development of the rest of the group.

1) Do your best until the trade deadline.
2)
a) Make a call to sell if we are not making it. Sell wisely, not completely.
b) If we are barely 8th, don't buy, it's not the time. Unless you buy a young asset on contract: no locations.
c) If you are in the top 4, still don't buy, realize you have reached that point because the team shows chemistry and is not winning on the total amount of talent. (Team with less talent are often on and off on performances)
3) CBA: If we have a small season(start in January), this might allow some opportunistic selling if we have prospects doing very well in Hamilton. (Looking at you Tinordi and Gallagher)