View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
I reject the OP's analysis, which could not be more one-sided. The team is a lot better tan their record indicates (ther OP grudgingly admits that the goal differential was better than that of several teams that finished ashead of them). They were beset with injuries, the coaching situation was chaotic, Cammalleri was a distraction (aside from his lousy season), and there was anarchy in the front office (which has been stabilized). I look for improvement in Emelin, Markov, Diaz, and Eller. Plekanec can look forward to better support. The addition of Prust, Armstrong, and (ugh) Bouillon, should stiffen the spine. The only loss I bemoan was Kostitsyn but there's time to find a suitable replacement (including Kostitsyn himself). The preseason could very well produce a new regular or two. Finally, a drastic attempt at rebuilding, based on finding gems in the 2013 draft, could be an embarrassing failure. If I seem too optimistic, Bergevin simply will not do what the OP wants, so I guess we can look forward to months and months of the OP's gloom and doom. I predict a MUCH better start in October.