Old
07-26-2012, 01:42 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Thanks for the stats video.

I see that my Sharks have a conference leading penalty kill at 85.2% trailing only the Bruins in leaguewide stats (Boston's is 0.1% higher); San Jose's powerplay has gone down from 2nd overall since I tinkered with it, so it's time to put it back the way it was.

vs.

San Jose went 5-4-1 in the last ten and face a Flames team that has won 7 of its last 10 games. This will be the only series where the home-opening higher seed has a worse overall record than the visitors. Calgary has 88 points while San Jose has 98 points, a full ten points difference, but Calgary is in a comparatively weak division so winning the title locks up the third seed for them.

Will the Shark burn his old Flames?

Call this the Tanguay series, as Alex returns to Calgary in a Sharks uniform to battle against his old team after having been traded to San Jose (for Torrey Mitchell and a couple of picks) just before the season had begun.

The Flames have only three 20 goal scorers (Stempniak, Jokinen, Moss) and no 60 point producers. The Sharks have a top-10 league leader in goals (Nash) and a top-10 producer in assists (St. Louis) plus four others with 60+ points this season: Thornton, Havlat, Selanne and Tanguay. San Jose's top two lines are loaded, and there is depth with Bertuzzi and Greening having streaks this season as well.

What the Flames have is Kiprusoff in net and he'll have to be the difference in four out of seven games for Calgary to advance. That's unlikely. Expect Calgary to steal two games. Prediction: San Jose in 6 games.
Gonna be an interesting series. But you can't knock the hustle of the flames. These players were told they were going to be nothing after the Tanguay and Iginla and they just slapped those ****ers in the face.

Watch out for the X factor in this series Mikael Backlund, really came on this year as the 3rd line center.

Kippy gonna stand on his head. And those fans have been waiting for a team like this since the cup run. Their gonna be crazy.

Flames in 7. No doubt in my mind.

Also get that ugly ass Tanguay out of this thread. This dude looks like he's on the sex offender list. He will be exposed this series. I repeat he will be exposed