View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 12:59 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
A healthy Cole will give you speed and 50-60 points; nothing unexpected about it imo. Regarding the PK... totally in sync with what we witnessed in the last seasons. Plekanec, Moen, Gorges, Subban, Gionta.. are still onboard.

What about your other "key" (in bold) points:

Gill has been replaced by Bouillon, and is thus a step down.

"... Gill is one of the worst 5/5 players in the league; when he is on the ice you can almost be sure that the action will take place in your zone. His outlet passes are non existant and when he takes control of the puck, he immediately gives it back (clear it through the boards) to the opponents.

Cammalleri has been replaced by the inferior Bourque.

Cammalleri is an extremely high maintenance player who will always put himself ahead of the team. Also keep in mind: when he was playing his worst hockey in recent years, he went public with "I am currently playing my best hockey".

Nothing about the injuries

Injuries played a major role last season; we ranked top5 in terms of games lost due to injuries.

AK46 has been replaced by Brandon Prust, gving us more physicality but less goal scoring.

Prust is a great addition: he directly answers one of our most obvious needs. Not sure why you are adding his name in the "negatives"...

2013 is one of the deepest drafts in NHL history.

And thanks to Gauthier, we already have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds of 2013..."
a) Goals are worth more than assists. Nobody was expecting 35 goals from Cole.
b) Gill was excellent on the PK and gave some size.
c) Cammalleri > Bourque, why are you arguing? Was he selfish when he scored 26 goals? He's averaged 22 goals in the past three seasons. Burque will probably never reach 20 goals again. There's a reason why Calgary added a 2nd rounder and Patrick Holland. There's a reason why the consensus of fans on this board thought we should have gotten more.
d) Prust is a good rebuilding move, I don't consider him a negative. In the same way that Eller benefited from playing with Moen, some other youngster will benefit from playing with Prust.

However, he won't replace Kostitsyn's goal scoring.

e) I've responded to your point about injuries. Habs are an elite injury team year in and year out. It's a constant.
f) I want more 1st rounders in 2013.