View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Der Jaeger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
Jerome Iginla for Persson.

Its definitely going to be interesting to see what Darcy does. He's had some really unexpected moves since Terry took over, so even when the usual suspects are gone doesn't mean we're done. Just means we don't know what Darcy's doing yet. I think most people would anticipate maybe something with San Jose. I think St. Louis has some interesting possibilities if they are willing to take something around Leopold or Leopold and Adam for a forward.
Iginla's been talked about before. If Doan's value increases due to his influence on the up-and-coming youth, Iginla does the same. Regier would need to work some sort of contract extension to make it worth the effort.

Calgary isn't in any sort of cap jam, as they've got their 2012-2013 roster set to go forward, with 23 players under contract and ~$66M spent. Moving Iginla helps Feaster make some moves next off-season without losing him to free agency anyway.

If Buffalo can't get Doan or Ryan, Iginla's an option. I think Regier could land him without doing much to the projected 2013-2014 team.