Old
07-26-2012, 02:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think Nash is too young and too skilled to be a complete bust, and the team around him is too good to live and die on whether he's suddenly going to turn into an 80 point player

I think we just have to be reasonable in what is expected of Nash. 65-70 points is pretty reasonable and wouldn't be a bust IMO. He's going to provide a scoring threat but hitting 40 goals or more likely won't happen (again, consider only 4 players scored 40 or more goals last year)

The Rangers signed Gaborik when he wasn't much younger than Nash. He just put up 40 goals at the age of 29/30

Now I think Gaborik is a better sniper than Nash but my point is kind of that I don't think every offensive player fails here just because this is the Rangers, and that age 28 isn't some magical age where everyone's production completely falls off a cliff

Nash may never put up career numbers in NY but I still don't see any reason to think his numbers will go down, or really do anything but return to about his average
I'll add that Nash is two years younger than Messier was when the Ranger acquired him.