View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 01:12 PM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
I really dont see Trouba coming this year. I also dont see Spott trading for a top 4D if he knew Trouba was coming. So I see it as very unlikely.
I agree, but Sefton and Trouba being here this year was just a "what if" duscussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
So as of right now does our lineup look something like this for the time being.

Puempel - Faksa - Reider
Thomsom -Marcantuoni - Sterk
Ming/Bailey - Bailey/Crescenzi - Pedersen
Schmalz - Ming/Meighan - Llewellyn

Murphy - Iafrate
Fanelli - McEneny
Genovese - Young

Gibson - Franky

???
Right now, yes.

Now, going forward, if Spott wants to go for it this year, he has to upgrade the 2nd line RWer, the 3rd line RWer (Pederson is a LWer), and the spot beside Murphy on the back end.

Your line up would be pretty good but to really contend to win it all, these upgrades need to be done. To fill these three spots, Spott has two OA spots open. If Ming can't fill the RW spot on the second line (I beleve he should at least get a shot) then it'll be 3rd line or the gate for him. He would have to outplay Bailey and not by just a little bit considering the age difference.

I don't think Iafrate or Fanelli can replace Sol or his minutes this year. To move one of them up may weaken that top pairing. A bit of a wild card here will be McEneny. He could "force" Spott to give him 2nd pairing minutes with his play. He is a third year player with a high upside. If he produces like he is supposed to, things will get interesting.