View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Ah, but's that's another debate. I would argue Holloway, Moller, Loktionov should be considered prospects, whereas I would consider King, Voynov, Nolan "graduated". The latter 3 have pretty well established themselves as NHLers, IMO, whereas the former 3 are not NHL regulars, despite the fact that Moller has the most gp of the group. King Voynov, Nolan are going to be in the lineup next year to start the year, IMO. If, let's say, Nolan fails to crack the lineup and heads back to Manchester I would move him back to a prospect I guess, but I just don't see that happening.

But kingsfan has made the call on this, so I am just using his criteria here.
I would say that Holloway has graduated all the same, he is now a professional European player and has made his choice to play overseas to try to attract other NHL teams, but he is a pro player nonetheless. The SEL is a good league and both Moller and Holloway continue to be signed through next season. I doubt we will see them in another Kings training camp or associated with the Kings whatsoever. The Kings themselves have taken Moller off their prospects list on their website. They are both gone, I would consider them free agents at this point. Their rights are worth nothing.

On a side note, I think some are pushing it with Forbort at #2. Hell, even HF, prior to this year's draft, had him updated at the end of the season and ranked #5. He has good upside, but I would look to him as more of a Willie Mitchell of the future as a max potential even.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote