Thread: Line Combos: 2012-2013 Possible Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Dubinsky's best hockey was played with Anisimov as his center and Callahan on the opposite flank. When he's on his game, his forecheck is tenacious and causes dmen to either take a big hit, or force the puck.

Although he's solid on face-offs, he doesn't have the IQ, or vision to play that position. He was much more effective at LW. Dubinsky would take draws, and flip to LW.

He's going to be a fan favorite in no time. I'm excited about Nash, but Dubinsky was a terrific Ranger who I got to watch develop and mature from his days in Hartford. He's the kind of guy that will do anything to win, and that attitude will ultimately rub off on his new teammates.
Another ringing endorsement of Dubinsky. It's good to hear. Every NYR fan has emphasized the guy's work ethic and tenaciousness. Sounds nothing but good.

With all of the new forwards and very green players (Atkinson, Johansen), I can't imagine that line combinations will be settled until the season is well underway. If Umberger, Brassard and Prospal end up being well represented on the ultimately determined first line, then it's going to be a long, long season. I hope that Dubinski, Atkinson, Anisimov and Foligno each show better first line capabilities better than the remnants of the 30th place team in the NHL.

Umberger and Brassard as first liners is really a scary proposition.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote