Thread: Speculation: Instead of Bobby Ryan...
View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1097 View Post
All the focus seems to be on Bobby Ryan (and rightfully so with his rift with Ducks mangament) but my question is what would it take to trade for Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf both of whom are UFA after next season. In most cases a player on the verge of UFA is viewed as a rental and his value diminishes a little.

Personally, I would prefer Perry over Getzlaf as he would play RW on Giroux's line. In fact, I think he would be a perfect fit.

We seem to have a solid trading partnership with Anaheim in the past (not counting the current Bobby Ryan talks)

So does Perry cost more or less for Ryan?

Thoughts?
At the moment, I believe Perry remains clearly positioned in the "untouchable" category. If the Ducks can't get him signed by the trade deadline, that could change--but he'd be tricky to acquire then, given the assets it would take, and his cap hit. Even if they wanted to, I'm not sure that they could trade him right now--it would be tricky to get to the salary cap floor.

To answer your question, though, it would take a package of assets from our "untouchables" list--Schenn, Couturier, etc.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 07-26-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote