View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I think Sbisa has less upside than Schenn and as far as prospects go our roster is littered with them.

On many teams couturier, Schenn would still be in the minors. if we hit on every draft pick we could have had carlson mdz ...others that im blanking on. Doing that will kill you. Ask any sixer fan.

Right now we , like many teams, are lacking the true number 1 defenseman. But we have 5 guys that are all top 4 capable and some young guys that have not reached their full potential.

Also we have a ton in cap space available and depth at forward. If we want to trade some of our depth im sure we can make for a good trading partner with a team like CBJ or Phoenix.
I'm not playing hindsight saying we didn't draft this guy ect, I'm saying banking 4 #1s in one player was bad. We have a bunch of #6 guy prospects and maybe #4 ceiling. Sbisa is above that.
Trading for versteeg was bad, ect.

We need to have a long term strategy with our farm....we might have been able to get weber if we had 4 first round picks sitting in the minors or on the roster...but we have zero depth...we can't absorb that kind of hit...bc it's been wasted.