Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #4
View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Jxmarts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
CT for me. Kid still has tremendous offensive upside, and a great willingness to learn how to better himself as a player. I also love how he's bought into this organization since he first put on the sweater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Not a lot of love for Thomas huh?

Not thumbing my nose at anyone, it's just that now adays if a player is short, they are either Martin St.Louis or any number of the 8 billion short kids who busted. Why can't Christian Thomas just be Christian Thomas? (There is a "Leave Britney Alone" joke in there somewhere)

Have to go with McIlrath, but I think him and Christian Thomas should both share the spot.

McIlrath. I always liked the pick, but he'll need to show that he has the pro skills to be a Beukeboom rather than, say, a John Erskine.

I was also a big fan of Christian Thomas, especially after his 2010-11 OHL season, but he had a difficult time last year. He had to serve a 10 game suspension early in the season, and he never got on track. What's critical when evaluating a prospect is seeing steady improvement, and CT regressed last year. That's usually a major red flag (e.g. Brendl, Copley), but let's hope it was just a glitch.

Add Fogarty. I like his tools, and I think his experience in Junior A last season gives him the slight nod over Nieves right now, who mostly played HS.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote