Thread: Classic with Video Domi vs Cairns
View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 05:00 PM
IComeInPeace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
I watched Howes entire career, Robinsons, Orrs, Potvins and Domis. So don't tell me you know more about Howe than I do. Him and Fern had a couple of real fights (one of them is the one you mentioned) Fern won one and the other one was a tie in Detroit. This was an extreme example as Fern probably were one of the best enforcers this league has seen. Obviously Howe will have a bad moment just like anyone else and I don't see what it has to do with toughness when a star backs down from a fight with an enforcer?

Robinson was tough as nails. The problem is that star players rarely fights the true enforcers as it would be pointless for the stars team.

Now back to Aurel Joliat as this was the main point. This was a 140 lbs kind of guy so pound for pound I think he has Domi beat. He lost most of his fights but that little man went at it again and again versus much bigger opponents. His fight versus Broadbent is legendary.
It seems we may not be talking about the same thing here. I am only talking about the best pound for pound fighter. That's it.
It seems you are talking about pound for pound overall toughness.

That is not something I have ever given much thought to, but I would agree Aurel Joliat would be a strong consideration, esp when you consider his very small stature.

IComeInPeace is offline   Reply With Quote