View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Aiastelmon

vCash: 500
I fully expect Shero to wait until closer to the deadline. We're good for the regular season, lots of depth. He can build up the trade value of all of our defenseman by giving them ice time. If Niskanen has another good year, he will have a hell of a lot of value at the deadline. Martin could as well. At that point we can easily score a guy like Iginla on his contract with our cap space. Why would you package up a bunch of our great prospects and kill your cap for 4 years by trading for a Nash when you could let the young guys develop and have lots of leverage at the deadline?

Very few teams have the depth at D that we have, and a guy like Niskanen can have a lot of value if you trade him at the right time. I think we'll see a Gogo like season out of Nisk this year too.

Also, having Semin get buried in Carolina rather than signing a cap friendly 2 year deal with Philly or even NJD makes me happy.

As of now, Philly is worse than last year, and they don't even have Bob to fall back on in net any more who used to kill us. Good luck with Bryz.

I'm not worried at all. We have a good mix of proven vets, superstars, and a few slots open for kids to win. Shero has made some plays out there to see if we can snatch a big player, but I am sure he's not going to reach just to make a deal.