View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Skrimpy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yes, he clearly felt (as did most of us I think) that the team was a little bit ahead of itself last year making it to the final 4. So I would say now, a year later, and a little bit better, we are a legit final 4 team with a good chance to go the distance. I agree that we aren't deep down the middle. Add a 3rd line center and Sauer and we have as good a chance as anyone.

As for parting with some of the youth, he definitely likes Dubi and Artie...but admitted that they aren't at the level of Nash.
My only beef with the trade is the loss of Erixon. I think the potential is there for Nash to bring home the scoring title and to help other players just by his presence. If he's paired with Richards the ice opens up the ice for players like Cally, Haglin, Stepan, not to mention Gabby when he returns...and if it's Gabby/Richards/Nash on the top line and there is chemistry? Look out! Although I loved watching them play and wish they were still in blue, 61 will do just as much or more damage than Arty and Duby combined. The guy got 35 goals last season for Pete's sake and he was a 1 man show! What happens when he's got the hardest working and one of the best teams last year? Come on. You can't tell me they won't be contending. Of course the X-factor will be chemistry. If this messes the chemistry up (i.e.; 61 doesn't buy into the system) we can forget watching the playoffs at all but I don't think it will. I am more excited about the upcoming season than I was for the ECF last year!