View Single Post
Old
07-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Hockey Outsider

vCash: 500
Comments/disclaimers
  1. A lot of these studies are several years old. I'm posting some of them for reference purposes. As of now (July 2012), I don't necessarily agree with the methodology or results in some/many of these posts.
  2. The data used in many studies are now at least a few years out of date. I'm not sure when (if ever) I'll get around to updating them.
  3. I shudder to think about how many hours these all took... at least it's been spread over 7.5 years so it's not too bad on a yearly basis...

Analysis of Award Voting
  1. Third team all-stars
  2. Hart trophy analysis
  3. Hart trophy raw data
  4. Norris trophy: analysis
  5. Norris trophy: raw data
  6. Gretzky & Lemieux's impact on stats & awards

Offensive statistics
  1. Adjusted scoring statistics
  2. Top twenty scorer post expansion: a list of the players who ranked in the top five, ten, fifteen and twenty the most often from 1968 to 2009

Goalie statistics
  1. Adjusted Save Percentage
  2. Adjusted Playoff Save Percentage
  3. Wins Added
  4. Wins Added 2009-2012

"Applied" case studies
  1. Gretzky vs Lemieux – why it helps to retire young
  2. 1960s Chicago Blackhawks -- a team that struggled due to a weak supporting cast while Hull, Pilote, Hall and Mikita took too much blame
  3. Marcel Dionne – detailed analysis -- a few bright spots, but generally as bad as you would expect
  4. Tony Esposito – it’s not his fault his teammates couldn’t score
  5. Bill Durnan -- why does he have such a poor reputation in the playoffs?
  6. Henri Richard – it looks like Harvey & the first-line scorers, rather than Richard, improved the most in the playoffs
  7. Joe Sakic – a look at his impact on Colorado's record

Miscellaneous
  1. Top ten in scoring & Selke voting
  2. Durability (ie fewest games missed ten & fifteen years into their careers)
  3. Debunking a myth: “Howe earned a lot of phantom assists, while Richard didn’t”
  4. Penalty killing & the Norris trophy: Karlsson bucks the trend in a major way

Hockey Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote