View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Skrimpy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
like the forward lines, i hate when people get caught up in the labels and order combos are listed on a whiteboard...

is staal better than del zotto? absolutely. is a healthy sauer better than stralman? without question...but does that mean that the best pairings are staal-sauer, 2 stay at home dmen, and mdz-stralman, 2 offensive dmen cause thats how they rank 1-6? not really
You missed my point. It was that I felt they played better in those pairings but had not yet reached their peak play that year (two years ago). Not that any one guy was better than another or ranking them in any kind of 1-6. I think any one of the top 4 d-men are capable of being in the top line on any team in the league (given Sauer is healthy)...and I thought that had MDZ and Erixon had reached what people seem to say their potential is, they are fully capable being on the top line too making it pretty much a team full of first line D. Now, as far as pairing a puck moving D-man with a shut down guy, I wasn't thinking that far. I was just thinking about shut down play, the numbers that have been posted by these four guys and the potential of MDZ and Erixon all in one place.