View Single Post
Old
07-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I didn't say I agreed with it, just that I could see it happening. Also who knows what else might be involved. Just a stupid rumor at this point but with our options getting fewer every day so we might as well discuss it. Murray is the far more likely option anyway, its been rumored that the Habs have had interest in him in the past.
Maybe but I'd avoid Bourque altogether. He's extremely limited at 30, coming off a down year with four more years to go on his contract, and trading for him means three teams in two seasons which has its own set of issues. I have more faith in Murray bouncing back in a third pairing role than Bourque returning to the 27 goal, 50 point form he saw in Calgary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
Bourque is more than just scraps - he's overpaid but he would be a good addition to our third line with the way that it is right now.
Bourque's value is in his goal scoring. He doesn't do much else and at 30, he's not going to get any better overall. If they acquired him for a mid-round pick then maybe you can take the chance but I wouldn't trade a roster player for him...well, except for Handzus.