View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Raymones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
If Stralman is the Stralman of 09-10 and the 2nd half of 11-12 including the playoffs,then it will be a good deal for the Rangers. Stralman will be 26 years old next Wednesday and is a righty. Stralman filed for salary arbitration in the summer of 2010 and signed a 1 year/$1.95M deal to avoid his arbitration hearing. Stralman had 34 points(6 goals and 28 assists)in 09-10. 22 of those points came on the PP.4 goals and 18 assists. Then he regressed in 10-11 and was not qualified by Columbus.
I remember reading an article about that. Appearantly he had infection issues all season. IIRC, it had something to do with with his sinuses and required surgery at the end of the season. I remember him being fed up with never feeling healthy but positive abouth the surgery and the prospects of it being a success. The "regression" was more about him never being fit enough to compete at elite level.

Due to him growing up near my "hood" I certainly followed him closely throughout his career. I never had any doubt in my mind about him being a NHL d-man one day. He always had the talent, it seems last season he finally found the environment to make it work. Happy about him being back on one of my favorite teams!

Last edited by Raymones: 07-27-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote