View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 05:45 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I believe that MDZ is every bit the 2nd pairing defenceman that Sauer is and because he brings more offence to the game should be ahead of Sauer on the teams depth chart.

Stralman playing with MDZ has disaster written all over it and I would prefer to have a defensive defenceman with an offensive minded guy on all three pairs.

McD - Girardi
MDZ - Staal
Stralman - Sauer

This would allow Torts to evenly run each pairing mostly even.

Sauer would get some additional minutes playing the PK

I think spreading out the defensive depth makes the Rangers a better team as there is less likely of a weak link pairing.
Agreed on the stralman-mdz pairing. That would be very problematic. I don't know if you remember but there was the game in pittsburgh and the two were on the ice. I forget which one was carrying the puck into the penguins zone (i think stralman), but the other one of the two was on the far side rushing towards the net. Yep, both defensemen were on the attack, no one back on defense, with arguably the best player in the world in Evgeny Malkin sitting alone for a breakaway which he scored on. I think Torts had benched stralman after that. Sullivan ripped the two apart.