Thread: Speculation: Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Bunky View Post
I'm just going to throes a few things out there.

1. Bobby gets 0 1st PP time. The second PP for the last few years has been Bobby, and some garbage (An old Koivu, and Jason Blake). If he gets 1st PP time, he could possibly score 40 goals every year.

He hasn't even reached his full potential too. Nobody has reached their full potential until around 28-30, so its not out of the question for him to become a 85 pt guy. Not saying it will happen, but it could (especially with 1st PP time).

I'd say the only way Philly gets Ryan is if they give up Schenn or Couturier. Voracek is a winger, and the Ducks need a center. Meszaros also makes too much money for what he brings, and the Ducks don't have room on D for him. Giroux is too valuable, and Briere is too old, and I don't think the Ducks want Read, so it will have to be Schenn or Couturier. Neither of them have really proven themselves yet, so they aren't as valuable yet.

How about something like Ryan for Couturier+ ? I'm not exactly sure what the + should be, but the only way you get Ryan, is if you give back one of C or S as the centerpiece. Maybe the plus should be a guy like Simmonds, or a couple of firsts or decent prospects. The Ducks want depth, and a 1 for 1 trade doesn't help that. Couturier is kinda still a prospect because he hasn't done enough, so he hasn't reached Bobby's value yet for a 1 for 1 type deal.

Cheers.
Nobody reached full potential until 28-30? maybe in overall terms... but in pointscoring a players prime is about 23-26... Ryan is 25, and only got 30 assists once, and to get 85 points he would need about 45 assists, yeh, he could possibly hit 40 goals, but cannot see him hitting 45 assists.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote