View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 10:30 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I tend to do that too -- usually as the response to the "ZOMG I NEED THIS NOW" where I detail out the number of people who are waiting on "ZOMG I NEED THIS NOW"'s as well as all the other people they will displace. Had words with a former employee who's now a contractor the other day because of his snappy IM response to something -- basically told him if he didn't like how long it took to get something, he could come down to my team and do the work his own damn self, he'd cut over 100 people for me to do the work in the first place.

There is "oh, everyone's busy" and then there is this. I'm "chairing" a call for a designer call right now (basically taking notes) for the first time ever, so this is something new (and perhaps a bone from my boss in an effort to keep me from fleeing). They're talking about the past action items. Type a little, write a little, type a little, write a little, type type type, write a little, write a little more.
Basically every request I get is ZOMG I NEED THIS NOW. It's why most people who ask things of me thing I'm a huge Richard.