View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 10:56 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickOlax View Post
Yeah before Tallon yeah, but I meant the early trades from Tallon. We got bashed from virtually every trade outside of Santorelli and Soupy. And yet the only trade that was a bit of a headscratcher was the second Wideman trade when we only got a 3rd pick and some useless Jake Hauswirth.

Yes we have, but that was the time before Tallon. At the start of DT's reign we still got "fleeced" in trades as per all the other HFBoards users. A good example was the Frolik trade.

I honestly feel that it wasn't a too bad trade for the Jackets. Surely, Rangers got easily the best player in the trade so they could be considered winners right now. But the reality is that Nash was gone anyway so getting two solid top 6 forwards and a D-man with good potential, plus a 1st rounder is a good way to boost the organizational depth which they really lack.

The point is, the Jackets we're basically bound to lose that trade since no team would have or could have given them a better player in return than Nash, but IMO they couldn't have lost that trade by a much more smaler margin.

That's all for now about the Blue Jackets.

-L-
Good points. And again as hockey fan, nothing would make me happier then the trade being even in retrospect 2 yrs from now.