View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 12:20 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
Wings fan here, coming in peace (kinda dumb that you almost need to toss that out so fans of other teams don't assume you're trashing their team).

Not to cue the CNN breaking news music, but you're saddled with a bad GM and while I'm not sure this is the best possible deal he could have gotten for Nash, I have to say that I'm a big fan of AA and especially Dubinsky. I was actually kinda hoping that Holland could buy low on Dubie after his off year last season, b/c I'd love to have his game and versatility in Detroit. I think he'll be a fan favorite pretty quickly, and while it'll be nice to see him play more now that he's in the Central, I'm not looking forward to him pasting Datsyuk and Zetterberg into the glass (and then I'd hope that Abdelkader thinks twice about going after him, b/c he should want no part of Dubie in a scrap).

I think Anisimov will be pretty good also in a more offensive role, and you know he's good defensively when a coach as demanding as Torts plays him on a shutdown line. Basically, I would have loved either of those guys to land in Detroit somehow, and I hope that they do well in Cbus- except when they play the Wings, in which case I hope they go a combined -7
Thanks for your thoughts, Turkish.