View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 01:27 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
So let me see if I have this right, neither Ken Holland of the Detroit Red Wings or Ray Shero of the Pittsburgh Penguins saw something in Alex Semin that would make them believe that he'd be an ideal fit on a line centered by the likes of Pavel Datsyuk or Sidney Crosby.

Apparently, as of this writing none of his former Washington Capitals team mates have shared their sadness at his departure.

What can these aforementioned folks be missing about Semin that apparently many of the "informed" contributors on these boards have not.
That is a rather harsh indictment.

As I've said, I like Sasha, but what I want to see from GMGM is that he has a vision beyond just letting Semin walk for nothing. If he didn't want Alex on this team, he should've traded him a the deadline for SOMETHING... any argument that he couldn't get value is ridiculous since a late-round pick would be more than the absolute nothing we got.

But he didn't, so I am hoping there's a method to this madness. I want to see a plan to improve our offense, not just trade one roster vacancy for another. If he believes in this "addition by subtraction" stuff, then he better be damn sure we'll see some strong offense this coming year from either our current roster or another addition.

The moves this offseason -- outside of the draft -- have not looked orderly/rationale/deliberate to me at all.

californiacapsfan is online now   Reply With Quote