View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 02:34 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I voted Tarasenko. Best prospect that's never touched the NHL ice in my opinion. I think if you believe that Yakupov will be better this season than Tarasenko, you will be disappointed. Leading scorer on his original team, gets traded, put on the fourth line with barely over 10 minutes a game, and all he does is lead that team in playoff scoring, and rank among the best in the league despite playing an entire series less than the other leaders. The KHL is not a great league, but it's much better than the Canadian Junior leagues. Anyone who uses the phrase "because he's not Russian" to describe why one player is better than another is just absurd. The only reason Tarasenko wasn't drafted higher was because there was a fear that he would stay in the KHL his entire career. Now that he has decided to play in the NHL, and looking at the two players objectively, it's pretty clear that Tarasenko is the more skilled player. His hockey IQ is not through the roof like Schwartz, but it's not Cam Janssen either, and he's much more physically gifted than Schwartz.
So you contradicted yourself.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote