Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #5
View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 01:39 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Everybody has different ways of looking at these things and no one's is necessarily particularly superior apart from the fact that there are probably a handful who have no clue.

Top 15--and I'm thinking I'll not be budging very much.

1. Kreider
2. Hagelin
3. Miller
4. Mcilrath
(so far I'm doing pretty good)
5. Skjei--size, skating and he knows how to play his position. The skating/size combination is a big deal. Going to a great college program. He easily projects IMO to at least a NHL top 4. Really no questions about him or his game--he just needs experience and development.
6. Fasth--I prefer keeping the h. The injury is a question. At the very least it sets back his development a bit.
7. Thomas--he's got good potential but he's no lock. More or less a top 6 player or bust.
8. St. Croix--Traverse City/training camp were not particularly good but he had an excellent year last year. Average size--but very creative. Maybe a lesser version of Stepan. He goes back to the WHL. He keeps it up--he should move up.
9. Nieves--looked good at the development camp. Great skater and a creative player. Good size. Red Berenson is going to be his coach for the next couple years. That in itself is worth something.
10. Hrivik--good size--came up big in the AHL playoffs. Seems to know how to finish. Questions about his skating.
11. Yogan--he may make a run at a job for the Rangers and is probably closer than a lot players but if he does make it he'll make it as a 4th liner and I don't see his NHL upside as more than a third liner. All in all that's very nice for a 4th rounder. A good pick.
12. Fogarty--Sometimes really hot in the BCHL and sometimes not so much. A really good prospect IMO but the coming year might tell us more about him than last year.
13. Andersson--looks like a really good sleeper pick to me.
14. Lindberg--good chance to be a bottom 6 NHL player. No chance to be a top 6. His cousin Tim Erixon just got traded. Wondering about how that's going to effect Oscar.
15. McColgan--Really like McColgan but he has some size issues. He plays a hard game for his size but I'm not sure he's got the talent to overcome that lack of size.
Went with Brady Skjei.
This is mostly my list, except I'm not as high on Thomas, and am a bit higher on Lindberg.

Well said summary, EB

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote