View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 03:07 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
And you have completely failed to show that. According to your theory, Ryan has already reached his offensive potential and will never improve upon it, yet Voracek still has a 10 point improvement to go.
Ryan won't. He's already hit the forward peak. It will probably last until he's 27, 28, or 29. Then it will diminish.

Voracek is only 22. Plus he'll be on the top line and actually play wing on the PP instead of the point. He'll get Jagr's old minutes with Giroux. It'll help his point totals. There's pretty much no doubt about that. Plus he's just entering that 22-27 range where forwards generally peak offensively.

Quote:
In reality, Ryan had a down year this year, tying his career low, and still had better production than Voracek during his best year. Not to mention the myth that Voracek is so much better defensively than Ryan. Ryan actually PKs more(I think it's slight, but whatever) and he isn't a defensive slouch. You people should watch him more.
I know how good Ryan is defensively. I also know how good Voracek is defensively.

Voracek is extremely consistent. When he's not scoring he's still visible all over the ice. Complete opposite of guys like vanRiemsdyk, and I can say that being one of JVR's biggest supporters.

Voracek is the real deal.

Quote:
Voracek is two years younger and makes a million less. In any debate vs. Ryan, those two marginal differences are all he has going for him.
Three years younger. Cheaper. As good if not better defensively. Almost as good offensively.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote