View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 03:20 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Exactly, Lynk. I too feel he will need to be put into those key and prime offensive situations in order for his offensive game to maximize it's potential. There is a touch of fear in me that if Bogosian continues on simply being a shutdown guy and more so than less defensive guy, he may lose touch with what was at one time an extremely good offensive game.

But again, his skating, his shot, etc. are all natural, God given talents, and those tools indicate to me he will indeed be a force offensively sooner rather than later. Surely the team knows and can see this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Or he could refuse to sign with the Jets knowing he'll never get a shot at being put in those situations.
I know I am like a broken record but Bogo had a PPG average last season the same as Doughty, Seabrook, and Subban and it was top 30 in the NHL ( for D men). I don't mind how he is being handled guys. I trust Huddy and TNSE and their development plan for Bogo. If he is healthy this year I expect his PPG average to move him north of 40 points. My hopes are he countinues to progress in "all" facets of the game. the next big stride he will take offensively might come when they alter his D partner which might not happen until next season. I assume at some point he will be paired with a Mitchell or Scuderi type of stay at home shut down defender and when he does Bogo will be able to explore more like Doughty does in LA. for now I wouldn't panic his scoring numbers are solid and he is getting his PP minutes......he is 21-22 and he is our can't miss number 1 D man.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote