View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Its hard to say, i personally believe we are a flawed team and not nearly as good as the number seem to indicate. I certainly don't believe some of the players we have on our team are as good as the stats they put up as well. I feel lavy's system can inflate players stats.

Hockey is such a hard sport to analyze and depict. Football is a sport where you can really depict players and strategy and come to some sort of conclusion. Hockey on the other hand is so fluid and occasionally random that it is hard to sit there and analyze especially since each season, each game, each opponent present new and unique challenges .

Look at how drastically different this team has been the past 3 years. Not only in personnel but in style of play and in luck. Imagine if Montreal beat Boston in game 7 in ot, imagine if florida beat NJ in game 7 in double OT. we could be marching to the beat of a different drum for all we know. Hockey is incredibly hard to look at and break down objectively no matter how hard we try.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote