Thread: Speculation: Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 05:06 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
And why will Ryan diminish again? Because of his complete lack of PP time up to this point and continually being bounced around the line-up? People always bring up playing with Perry and Getzlaf, but few realize it's actually hindering his production. Bobby works best on the right side as a playmaker even, but the Ducks have never had a competent centerman or left winger for him. They've also never been able to find someone to gel with Perry and Getzlaf, hence why they end up together.

Ok, so he's consistent. But don't make Bobby out to be some defensively liability, he isn't, and that it's a huge difference. Voracek isn't a Selke calibre forward, and Ryan isn't Pavel Bure. I know you said neither, but you definitely imply that it's a great difference.

He definitely isn't as good offensively, and I would love to hear you explain how Jakub Voracek is 3 years older than Bobby Ryan. You also forget that Voracek has roughly the same amount of NHL experience as Ryan, so to suggest one will improve and the other won't is absolutely ridiculous given that fact.
He said Voracek is 3 years younger, is cheaper, gives as good if not better defense, and is close offensively. While the numbers up to this point don't suggest that I believe it will be a lot closer after this year. It doesn't matter anyway though. I think most flyers fans have resigned to the fact that ANH wants the moon and we aren't willing to give it up. Not for Weber or for Ryan. We will simply sign him as a ufa once his contract is up.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote