View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Meh. Pens had a bad week and a half and four games. People have been drawing too many conclusions from that since it happened, and overreacting.

Giroux is a great player. Does not change the fact that he also has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as Malkin or Crosby. He is not there yet and may never get there.
A bad week and a half and four games? Ok, whatever helps you sleep at night. I live with two Penguins fans and they too were incredulous that the Flyers managed to beat the best team ever assembled in the history of hockey in a 7-game series.

I'm not mentioning Giroux in the same breath as Malkin or Crosby as if to put him on their level. I'm not delusional. What I am saying is that he is to us what Malkin and Crosby are to you. He is an elite, superstar level talent and our very own Penguins killer. Also, whether you choose to see it or not, Giroux shares a lot of the same intrinsic qualities with Crosby that make him such a special player. In fact, I've always thought that in terms of skill level, Crosby is Giroux's closest NHL comparison.