07-27-2012, 05:45 PM
CanesAvs16

vCash: 500
Semin's Penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehannigan View Post
"2 minute penalty for hooking."

Get used to it.
You know I have been hearing/seeing a lot of comments towards Semin and his taking bad penalties. Caps fans act like this is something new to us. First of all, Staal had one of the worst starts to his career this past season. I think we all know what its like to see a good player hit a cold streak, so any "streakiness" Semin may possess is not something new. Also, Jokinen was all but non-existant for me this past season, yet another player not playing up to their potential.

With regards to the penalties comments, Jeff Skinner took some of the stupidest/worst penalties I have ever seen. It seems like a maturity problem, but I feel as though Semin's stupid penalties can't seriously be much worse than some of the crap Skinner took.

Third, I would rather see Semin taking stupid penalties and scoring goals than see no Semin on our team at all. He gives this team a real opportunity to go deep in the playoffs. AND if he happens to take a bad penalty, we have one of the best two way forwards in the nhl on our PK, so I think we will be fine

CanesAvs16 is offline   Reply With Quote