View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Yes, insecurity is what brought me here. Am I really that transparent? Again, I know that it sucked to watch your team -- the best team ever assembled, a juggernaut that would romp to the finals -- fall apart in round one to your most hated rival. Especially after how smug you guys were. There will be plenty more playoff series between us where revenge can be exacted.

I don't believe that Schenn is going to shut down Malkin for the rest of their careers. I do, however, believe that Couturier will fair just fine against your beloved Geno, especially as his frame starts to fill out. You can dismiss his talent all you want, it'll just have to be played out over time. His impressive performance against Malkin when the two were on the ice against each other this past season is indisputable. As for Schenn, he's going to be a better version of Mike Richards in due time, and I look forward to watching him matched up against Crosby. He's a rare player with the strength to actually knock Sid off the puck, which is usually impossible.

Also, wink at someone else. I'm trying to talk hockey here, not get hit on.
you have a much different memory of the time leading up to that series than I do. I remember the consensus amongst any reasonable Pens fan being a general wish we weren't playing against the team that had the best chance to beat us in the first round. I remember being worried about our defense seemingly falling apart for no identifiable reason making it hard to fix. I remember being worried that Crosby had barely played hockey in the last year and a half leading up to that point and now he was playing beside Sullivan and Dupuis. But apparently my memory is fuzzy and I really was already planning the parade route in my head. Luckily that wasn't hard to do seeing as I remember the last one.