View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 08:41 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
You know what, that is a lot of money no doubt. But if they can make it work, like something front loaded or something AND they can find a way to bury Gomez or whatever I'd do it.

You have to overpay to get them to come here. I have a feeling the Habs are the team rumored to have offered him 7.5.

My only worry is paying a 39-40 year old 7.5. BUT, if we're contenders by then it might be worth it.

At the end of the day it's not my money and I just want to see the best possible players play for the Habs.
lol, In 2-3 years that 7.5 is back to Gomez territory. The guy plays a physical style, is on the decline and will be 37 in a pressure filled market that will have idiots thinking he's anti-french. If you really believe this is a match then dunno what to say.

When we acquired gomez he had seasons of 58 and 59 points and has cup and playoffs experience. Now, we're acquiring an older player who had 60 and 50 points for a 35+ contract that can't be buried in minors and this 'might' be worth it? Short memory. It's repeating history. At 2-3 years at 6 per, sure, extra term and money? Pass.

Not to mention, acquired doan and putting gomez in minors is essentially paying 10 mil for gomez and say 20 mil(front loaded) all in 2 years for one 50-60 point winger. lol What type of owner would approve that?