View Single Post
Old
07-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
I really think this organization is comfortable with Boyle as the 3rd line center. It was his average ice time all year. Torts is a fan and utilizes him quite often, so they're definitely not going after Arnott or they'd already have him. Doan I could see if he would want no more than 5.5 for 2 years.

Realistically though the Rangers are looking for that one more D, and even Jim Cerny brought it up in his last online chat multiple times that he "assures" us that the NYR are looking into a defenseman.

Figure once again they'll keep our core intact so it wouldn't be a blockbuster trade. One name I think they'll be checking in with is Cody Franson. I mean in a perfect world we would have assets to go look into Boyle, Carlson, Bogosian, but we don't or at least won't move the pieces it would take to get them. So I'm thinking a small side deal with Toronto for Franson, who is 6'5 does a pretty good job at getting is shot through and can put the points up with enough ice time. I'm not sure if he puts that 6'5 frame to work physically but he fits a nice offensive mold.

McD - Girardi
Staal - Franson/Stralman
Del Zotto - Franson/Stralman

Hopefully Sauer pushes one of those two as our #7 but if not Franson wouldn't be a bad pick up.