Thread: CFL: 2012 season discussion
View Single Post
Old
07-28-2012, 03:39 AM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
The Bombers defense of 11 was miles better than the 12 Eskies, IMO. The Eskies have a great D, but it is all BB or SSK cast-offs, plus a very few Esk players. It is probably the best D in the league, but it is nowhere near the best of all-time, don't kid yourself. They will need the O to contribute somewhat if they want to be a threat and so long as ultimate choke Jyles is at the controls they will not contribute when it is needed.

If EDM misses playoffs it will lay right at the footsteps of the guy who CANNOT finish games, Steven Jyles.
I don't know where you got this idea from. Former Rider Donovan Alexander is the Esks only defensive starter from either of those teams. Almost every starter on this defense was brought into the league by Edmonton.

The Bombers D of last year was a swarming defense that could terrorize with the blitz. Once teams adjusted to that though, they were manageable, as the 2nd half of the season showed. The Eskimos don't rely on any single aspect, so I think this D is going to be harder for teams to adjust to. Time will tell though. And I certainly never claimed they were the best of all time.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote