View Single Post
Old
07-28-2012, 10:52 AM
cheesesteak

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
I really am fundamentally questioning the forward alleged 'depth' we have. For me depth is not just 10-12 forwards scoring over 15 goals each during reg season.

For me real forward depth is:

Hawks not only having a first line of Toews-Kane-Buff, and Sharp-Hossa on second, but also getting key contributions in every single PO series from the likes of Versteeg and Ladd.. playing on their third line;

It's called ALL CYLINDERS firing at once. That means three forwards lines scoring in every single PO series, no matter who the opponent.

We dont have that and YET people are claiming we have forward DEPTH. That's not depth folks, that's flash and dazzle (what we have). Pretty useless in the POs.

I wanna get a re-definition of the term forward depth.
That doesn't really define forward depth IMO. Sometimes players don't show up that doesn't mean there wasn't depth.

Losing Jagr and JVR this offseason the forward depth took a hit and isn't really anything to brag about IMO they're relying on a lot of career years to build on their success. I think The Flyers will have a better two way forward core this season tho.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote