Thread: Confirmed with Link: Ottawa Senators buyout Bobby Butler
View Single Post
Old
07-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Pilgore88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ View Post
I'd be wary of a deal like this considering Doan's age and style of play. He's regressed from his career high to ~55pts in the past three seasons. He'd still be good for 50-60pts, and it might be worth the high price for the first couple years, but it would be a 35+ contract that would see us paying him $7.5 million when he's 39.

Doan may sell a lot of season tickets, but do you think he'll sell enough to recoup the$7,500,000 we'd be paying him each year? I wouldn't take him, personally, at anything over $6,500,000 per year, and front-loaded at that. He carries a pretty big risk with him.

Morrow's interesting, but what kind of prospect + pick combination are we talking about? We don't have a 2013 2nd rounder, so it would either have to be a first or a future pick for Morrow. Dallas seems to be intent on competing this year, so I doubt they move Morrow for anything less than a middling prospect + 2nd rounder or a good prospect + lower pick.

Puempel + 2013 3rd rounder could get it done, but I'd prefer to keep Puempel than have one year of Morrow.

Michalek - Spezza - Doan
Morrow - Turris - Alfredsson
Latendress - Regin - Silfverberg
Greening - Z. Smith - Neil/JOB

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Bogosian
Phillips - Gonchar/Lundin
- next yr Ceci replaces Gonchar in the lineup, he is almost NHL ready now.

A piece like Bogosian would complete our defense, but he appears virtually untouchable for Winnipeg. (Good god, in a couple years that would be a beautiful defense with Ceci, though.) He's a cheap, young, strong, and capable defender with the ability to chip in offensively. Their fans claim he's the most untouchable piece on the team (E. Kane's another story) and the return for him would need to be very valuable + cheap for the Jets to be interested.

Stone + 1st for Bogosian? I'm not sure even that would be enough to persuade them to part with Bogo. That's a lot of question marks for a premier young defenseman already in the NHL.
Stone + 1st is not even remotely close.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote